Monday, September 27, 2010

The OC Japan Fair

The fair was interesting but not overwhelming. It was held at Orange County Grand Park, which I thought was a weird location to have it since a lot of it is still under development, but they did have a lot of open space for it. The sad thing was though, that since it was outdoors, there was no way to avoid the relentless heat except by hiding in the shade. The only reason I say it wasn't overwhelming is because there wasn't a lot to do.



Probably the most interesting thing was watching them make takoyaki.


There were a few shows on the stage though, a kimono fashion show, some girls dressed in maid outfits, the UCI taiko drum team, and some no-name hip-hop artist. The most entertaining was probably the cosplay contest.



I'm sure they looked crazy to everyone who was unfamiliar with the concept, especially the American flag part.


I spent most of my time taking photos and finding secluded spots of shade to smoke cigarettes in, but my admission was free because I had a flyer, so I can't complain. Check out my flickr if you want to see some of the other photos I took.


No comments:

Post a Comment