Sunday, July 11, 2010

Taco Bell in Seoul

I have a long history with Taco Bell, having grown up down the street from one.  It's like one of my oldest and most cherished friends.  So Taco Bell coming to Korea might be the most important event in Korea's history since the founding of the Joseon Dynasty.  It's located in Itaewon, right next to the subway station, which is alright by me.  The only problem that I have with it being in Itaewon is that I live so far. 

It's actually one of the biggest Taco Bells that I've seen.  It's three stories.  The first is for ordering food and the other two are seating areas.

The menu isn't as big as it is at most Taco Bells back home.  It's more like a Taco Bell Express, but a little better.  The Mexican pizza and the gorditas are missing from the menu.  It's heartbreaking because I love the Mexican pizza.  There are also a few things that I haven't seen before, but most of them are things that were added to the menu since I left America, like Limeade.  However, there are french fries and that's entirely new.

There's a serve-yourself soda fountain.  This is the first one I've seen in Korea.

I like how the packets of sauce are a little bigger and still have shit written on them, just in Korean.

I'm well aware that Taco Bell is a bastardized version of actual Mexican food, but I can't help but liking it.  Just look at that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment