Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's a hard knock life.

So training really began today. It was a little overwhelming, honestly. It isn't as bad as some of the reviews of Chungdahm make it out to be though. The whole program is a lot different than working at a public school. For one thing, the students are going to be a lot more advanced. I'm being trained to teach kids that are in the middle levels of the program and kids that are at the more advanced parts. The stuff that I'll be teaching the kids is way beyond anything that's in the national curriculum. Even the mid-level lessons that I'm looking at are a ton harder than a sixth grade public school lesson. For tomorrow's mock lessons, there's a shit ton of prep that I still have to take care of. I'll probably be up for a few more hours just working on it. It's going to be rough, but I do want to make sure that I look alright on my first day.

As a side note, I got a medical exam yesterday and I apparently have high blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment