Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The troubles of doing laundry

So I just finished my first batch of laundry since coming back to Korea. It was a pretty big pain. Since my apartment didn't come furnished, I had to go out and buy a laundry rack last night after work from the 24hour Home Plus that I live by. It was a bitch to carry a four foot rack and 2 kilos of laundry detergent back to my apartment. Once I got back to my apartment, I realized that I could have just bought the detergent downstairs at the convenience store instead of carrying it. Once I got back to my apartment, it took me twenty minutes to translate all the settings that were on the damn washing machine. Even after I did that, I wasn't able to open the plastic bag of laundry detergent with my bare hands, so I had to run back down to the convenience store just to get a pair of scissors. With the rack, scissors, and laundry detergent, my first load of laundry ended up costing me about 40,000₩. Too bad I fell asleep while the machine was still going so I woke up to a batch of funky smelling clothes that I had to wash all over agin.

No comments:

Post a Comment