Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things that I live near that make me happy:

I'm generally happy with where I live in Bucheon.  I'm in a central location, unlike last year where I had to take a bus to get anywhere cool.  This year, I can walk to a ton of different places, but there are a few that make me especially glad to be where I live:

  • The Bus Terminal: I don't live in walking distance to a subway station, but it doesn't really matter that much since I can walk to the bus terminal.  I haven't made a trip out to Seoul from where I live yet, but it shouldn't be too bad with the buses so close.  Also, there's some places to eat right at the terminal, which is always nice.
  • A 24-hour Home Plus: I seriously like Home Plus.  It might even have to be one of my favorite places in all of Korea.  It's great that I have access to this one at all times of the day, especially since my work hours are so goofy.
  • A 24-hour McDonald's: This is technically a part of Home Plus, but deserves its own mention.  I managed to stay away from McDonald's since I've been back, but I caved yesterday while running some errands after work.  Having a double bulgogi cheeseburger within 10 minutes from my apartment might be a problem in the long run, but for now, I'll consider it a blessing.
  • Work:  Not having to commute to work is is awesome.  It might not sound like much, but having grown up in California and having to drive everywhere, this is a pretty big thing for me.
  • Brothels: It turns out that I live in the red light district of Bucheon.  Everytime I see a little card with a hooker's number on it, I can't help but giggle.
  • A Ping-Pong gym (탁구장): I haven't started lessons yet, but there are two places that I live right next to that I can get lessons from.  One of them is a pretty nice gym and it's right across the street from my place, so I'm hoping to grab some lessons over there once I have time.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment