Thursday, December 2, 2010

Being a customer service representative at Cooking.com

I figured I should probably explain what it is I actually am doing at work nowadays. Cooking.com is one of the largest online retailers of cooking supplies. The site also powers the online stores of other brands, such as the Food Network, Starbucks, Betty Crocker, Kraft, and Pilsbury. There are a few others, but that's what I can list off the top of my head. The office I work at is about 25 miles from my house, so with all the traffic, I spend around two hours a day just commuting to and from work. It's fucking bullshit to be honest, but I gotta get that paper yo.

I spend my entire day in the call center with the rest of customer service. I answer phone calls and respond to emails. The things that customers will email you about are ridiculous sometimes. I had this dude that emailed me today about how much he hates Rachael Ray and how he wanted us to stop endorsing her products. So this is how I spend my days now. It's a little mundane, but a job is a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment