Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Top 10 Reasons Why I Love The Jersey Shore

Last night I was put in charge of creating ten questions for a pub quiz. After debating a few different categories, I finally settled on creating ten questions on The Jersey Shore. However, after seeing the results of answers I received, it became apparent that some people are totally unfamiliar with the show. I can understand that you might not just like reality television and think the show's absolute garbage, which it is, but I still love the show though and here are my top ten reasons why (listed in no particular order).

  1. It's reality television at it's finest (or worst depending on how you look at it). I enjoy most reality television and probably for the same exact reason other people enjoy it, THAT IT'S JUST SO ENTERTAINING TO SEE REAL PEOPLE AT THEIR TRASHIEST ON TELEVISION. The Jersey Shore takes this to a new level, setting it apart from other reality television series. I mean with cast member drama, fist fights, and hooking up left and right, is there anything more we can ask for from this show?
  2. There's just so much hype that goes on outside the show. After every episode there'd be a new wave of articles and blog posts that you could spend more time reading than watching the actual episode.
  3. Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino. If you're familiar with the show, then you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. It's as if I could quote that guy for days. There's so much that self-absorbed guy has to offer. Seriously, without him on the show, then we'd just be watching Snooki's train wreck relationships for the entire hour, but that brings me to my next reason.
  4. Snooki. From the moment she walked into the house you knew that she was going to be trouble. I've said it before, but it wouldn't be entirely bad thing if Snooki had her own show. I can imagine it being a lot like The Simple Life but a lot trashier and definitely more entertaining. She also probably holds the world record for "Most times having a crotch censored on television."
  5. Just looking at the people on the show is worth it. It's not just the cast members either, but everyone who's on the show. It's as if your screen turns into some strange window into an alternate reality where normal people just don't exist.
  6. The dumb facebook groups and fanpages that my friends join are absolutely hilarious. Personally, I don't really join any facebook groups, but these are a little tempting. Here are three of my favorite ones: the grenade from the jersey shore, Fist Pumping Like Champs, and my personal favorite, The noise Snooki makes when she's upset, "Waaaaaaahaaahaaaaaa!"
  7. The fights are seriously worth watching. Can you really think of a more satisfying moment in reality television than when J-Woww punches Mike? Or a moment more shocking than when Snooki is punched in the face? Or a more brutal beat down than when Ronni beats the shit out of that bald dude on the boardwalk? Didn't think so.
  8. There's so much slang to learn off the show. I can probably say "fistpumping" or "GTL" to a third of my friends and they'd understand what the fuck I meant by it. Also, I always understood "creeping" as a pejorative term for approaching girls, but the guys on the show seem to embrace it. The next I hear a girl saying that a dude in the bar is creeping I should go over there and give him a high five.
  9. Watching the cast members dance is probably one of the subtly entertaining aspects of the show, but it's great. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who enjoys this, but I seriously have had to go back a few times on my video stream just to watch these precious moments over again.
  10. I know that I mentioned fighting already and I've probably beaten it to death, but seriously, the scene where Snooki is punched has to be one of the craziest moments on MTV. If you haven't watched the series at all, you should at least watch the first few episodes to see what leads up to this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment