Sunday, January 31, 2010

I might as well just not save any money.

On a whim, I ended up buying a battery grip, the Canon BG-E5, for my camera. I bought it from the camera guys I usually do business with down at Bupyeong. They're nice dudes and they get my broken Korean and I can usually understand their broken English. I know I spent more than I would have back home for it, but I did check out a few places in Incheon and I got it for a decent deal. I haven't really used my camera lately, so I haven't been able to make any real use of the extended battery life. One of the things that I first noticed with the battery grip attached is that my camera is a lot easier to hold. I didn't really think it was a problem before, but the camera's extra size gives a significant amount space for my hand. The grip also makes it easier to hold my camera when taking portraits and the extra shutter button helps too. I'm not sure how this post ended up being a shitty product review on something that no one really cares about, but there are two things that you should walk away from this with:

  1. I spend way too much money.
  2. If you see me spending unnecessary money then stop me, unless it's on booze because that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment