Monday, February 1, 2010

So, I just finished reading a Korean comic series.

So I read a lot of manga, Japanese comics, and I usually read these online. However, last night I stumbled upon a Korean comic, a manhwa. At first I didn't know what it was but I figured it out real quick after learning that it read from left to right and through the characters' names. I'm not too familiar with any manhwa and this is my first real encounter with it, but it looks like I'll eventually be reading more. The one I read, The Snow Queen, wasn't bad but by no means was it any good. The premise is pretty normal, a rich girl and a poor and troubled boy fall in love. The first few chapters are really scattered and the timeline is a little hard to follow. It comes together about halfway through the series though. The series was also a drama aired on television from what I've gathered. I'm not sure which came first though. If you're at all interested in checking it out, then you can read the entire series at mangatoshokan. It's a pretty short read at only 18 chapters and about 16 pages per chapter.

If you do want to read it, I apologize because I have to post two pages on here because they're just too funny to pass up. Don't worry, it's an insignificant scene and happens really early in the series. Anyway, this one girl is being made fun of by this other group of people for not knowing English then this other dude comes to save her. I've circled the parts that are meant to be read in English and that weren't translated from Korean. You can tell because it's in a different font.

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

No comments:

Post a Comment