Thursday, February 18, 2010

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver released in Japan last week. The games are remakes of the second generation games, Pokemon Gold and Silver, for Gameboy Color. The anticipation for the game and the countless hours I have at work have finally driven me to start playing again. I was really close to buying another Nintendo DS to start playing again, but I figured this would be a waste of money. You know, since I already have two Nintendo DS's back home.*

Since I didn't end up buying the DS, I downloaded ShoddyBattle. It's a pokemon game that is basically a competitive pokemon battling program. Basically, you make a team of pokemon. There's no training or game play involved. You just input which Pokemon you want, their four moves, and their stats and whatnot. Then you join a server and then find someone to battle with. It's all pretty easy. Anyway, I've been playing on Shoddy pretty regularly. My account is jmoose777 and I play in Smogon University, just in case any of you were interested in playing.

Anyway I was reading the chat going on while I was in the server waiting for a battle. For some reason, the people in the server are chatting about going to raves and doing ecstasy. At first I was a little taken aback, but then I just let it go. While going back to ignoring the conversation like I usually do, one guy, by the name of "pokemonmasterIRL" states, "I'm way too old to go out and party anymore." It's right then that I ask myself, "What the fuck?" First of all, it's a discussion going on in an online pokemon server. Next, HE THINKS HE'S TOO OLD TO PARTY WHILE HE'S PLAYING IN A POKEMON SERVER. Seriously, how old could this guy be? God, I hope I'm not playing Pokemon: Plutonium when I'm 32.

*Note: I own two Nintendo DS's so I could trade with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment