Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's going to be a hectic semester.

I was notified yesterday that I'm not going to be working with the same co-teacher next semester, which starts in a week. This is really sad because I've taught all my classes with her and have shared an office with her for the last six months. More importantly, she's probably the only teacher at my school that knows enough English to (or is at least the only one willing to) sit and talk with me. She's also the one I talk to if I have any problems outside of school. Luckily, she's not changing schools, but she's been assigned to teach one of the third grade classes. She's still the coordinator of the English learning program at my school, so I guess I'll still have to talk to me about some things. It just won't be the same, since she's not in my office any more and she'll probably be too busy. I also feel sort of bad for her, since she has more duties being a homeroom teacher and the English coordinator. Also, by some weird office politics, she's having to be the head teacher for the third grade teachers, which means more work. It also doesn't help because I know that the other third grade teachers that she'll be working with are all pretty lame.

Anyway, the school's hiring two new English teachers. It's going to be a lot difference since I have to get used to working with two people that I don't really know. Both of the new teachers are women, one of them a lot older than me and one who can't be more than five years older than me. The younger one didn't speak a word to me and the older one was really hard to understand. However, having two new teachers coming in will make me the English teacher with the most experience at Yeonhak Elementary, which is sort of cool. I'll probably be able to dictate how my classes go since I'll be able to lie to them and just say, "That's how we did it last year." I'm even tempted to move into the bigger desk that my co-teacher was occupying before the new teachers start work to show them that I'm the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment