Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Olympics 2014, here I come!

I seriously think I could be on the U.S. Olympic curling team when 2014 comes around. Shit, if I went home right now and started a team, we would probably be number 1 in the entire state of California just because there isn't any competition. I'm not hating on the sport or anything. I actually do like watching it. Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of sports for old white dudes. If you think about it, curling is bowling on ice with a bunch of janitors on your team. There's more drama in curling too. Have you actually listened to the teammates yelling at each other? I seriously considered starting a team. Not a serious team but as a recreational hobby. Imagine that conversation. "Oh, what do you like to do for fun?" "I curl. That's right, mother fucker." I would probably would be well on my way to starting this shit if it wasn't so damn expensive. A used set of curling stones would cost me $3,728 without shipping. Also, a carbon fiber broom stick is $149.00. And if I'm not serious enough to buy a carbon fiber brush, then I sure as fuck shouldn't even be playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment