Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've started watching anime again.

I had a day off work yesterday because of the Lunar New Year. Instead of going out and making the best use of my time, I spent the whole day watching anime. Since arriving in Korea, I haven't really watched any anime. There are a few reasons for this, lack of time, limited hard drive space, and wanting to make the most of my time. It all came crashing yesterday though, when I watched two anime series, Toradora! and K-On!, for a total of 38 episodes. For those of you that don't know me too well, this probably sounds like a ridiculous amount, which it is. However, it doesn't sound as weird if you knew that I started the anime club at my junior college and was part of the anime club at UCLA.

I wish there was some way of just showing everyone how much anime I actually have watched. Oh wait, I actually have one right here. It's an anime list that I started after I finished high school, since it's only as an adult you can start taking anime watching seriously. According to myanimelist.net, all the things I've watched totals to a little over 1,416 hours (a bit over 59 twenty-four hour days). Roughly estimating that I started watching anime at age 18, I've spent 3.5% of my adult life watching anime. To put that in perspective, if a person sleeps the recommended eight hours a day, that's 33.3% of their life. I know there's people out there who watch more anime than I do. My brother is probably a good example. Either way, I really don't want to spend the rest of my time in Korea holing myself up in my apartment watching anime, so if you I tell you that I'm watching anime over the phone, make sure to drag me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment