Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm believe that Kim Yu-Na is possessed.

Korean figure skater, Kim Yu-Na, won the gold medal and set a world record earlier today. It's not like I really know anything about figure skating, but since she set the world record it's probably safe to assume that she had the best performance ever to take place on the ice. I was watching the competition for most of the day on the TV in my classroom. Since mine was the one of the two television sets that got the game, I had a few other teachers watching the competition with me. It was sort of funny to see 6 men in my classroom watching figure skating while eating the cookies my students baked earlier today.

Anyway, the reason why I think she's possessed is an anime I watched a couple of years ago, Ginban Kaleidoscope. I have absolutely no idea what an ice skater's personal life or training entails, but like a lot of other things I don't know about, I turn to anime for an accurate and totally reasonable explanation. Ginban Kaleidoscope is about a Japanese Olympic ice skater who is haunted for 100 days by the ghost of a Canadian stunt pilot that died during an exhibition. While haunting her, he manages to teach her how to become a better skater and they end up falling in love with each other. I SERIOUSLY COULDN'T EVEN MAKE THAT SHIT UP IF I TRIED. I even managed to find the series online, so here's the part one of the first episode for your entertainment.

For Kim Yu-Na to be as good as she is, she has to be haunted by the ghost of some great historical figure, like FDR or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment