Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The quest for work begins.

I really have to start looking for a new job now that I only have two months and three days before my contract with Yeonhak Elementary School expires.  I've decided to move go into the hagwon system and that I should have started a few weeks ago, but I'm not too worried.  I'll be able to find a job no matter what, it's just that I want to work in an area that I would want to live.  I'm pretty much set on living in Seoul.  There's still an off-chance that I'll stay in Incheon if an offer that I can't refuse comes up, but that's not really likely.  Anyway, I've narrowed where I want to work to three places:

  1. Mapo: Around Sinchon hopefully, but it's not too huge a deal.  I think it'd be nice to live near Hongdae.  It's not as if I'm into the clubbing and all that, but it's still a cultural hub in Seoul.
  2. Gangnam: It's a nice area.  I don't go there often enough now, but it's been nice every time I've gone.  The pay is also a little better in Gangnam.
  3. Jongno: Central Seoul is where it's at.  It's close to a lot of cool shit and I'll be able to walk to a lot of places.

Mostly, I've been using craigslist and Daves ESL to look for jobs.  With the help of some friends, I've already found a few jobs that I'm going to apply for this week.  I just need to edit my resume a bit and take a decent picture of myself, since that's required with every application.  The job I'm applying for in Gangnam sounds really great, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Hopefully all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment