Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tae Kwon Do!? Fuck that shit...

I'm going to take lessons in something useful instead, like ping-pong.

I just signed up for lessons.  The gym [or dojo as I am going to call it] is about a 15 minute walk from my house.  The only reason I decided to do this is because I want to leave Korea with one awesome skill.  My buddy, Ian, used to take lessons at the place I'm going to and he said it's pretty legit.  The guy speaks English to some extent, although when I walked in with Ian today he asked us if we wanted to "ping-pong duel" each other.  It should be okay since I should be able to get by with my minimal Korean.  I was able to discuss when I wanted to go and all that.  I'll be going three days a week.  Each lesson will be an hour.  The lessons are later than I wanted, 10PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but it'll be fine.  If anything, it'll keep me away from the weekday drinking.  I also have lessons on Sundays at 3PM, so I'll be getting some exercise instead of just bumming around and eating pizza like I usually do.

I'm regretting that I decided to do this so late in my contract, since I can really only take lessons for the month of July because I'll be on vacation for half of August.  I'm still looking forward to it though.  It's the most active sport that I'm going to get into since I quit baseball in high school.  You know, since I really enjoy bowling, darts, and competitive videogaming, which make up the trifecta of pseudo-sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment