Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I've started playing Tekken.

So my buddy B-Wang got me a copy of Tekken 6 yesterday and I decided that I'm going to get good at it. This might sound like something that I just decided, but I actually have been thinking about this for quite a while. I'm not too to the fighting genre. I was really into Street Fighter 3 and I wqqs getting into 4 before I left for Korea, but I never got to spend much time on it. One of the reasons is that Korean arcades never have it. In all the arcades in Incheon, there was only one place that ran Street Fighter 4 and it was a bootleg setup using an xbox 360, two joystick controllers and a makeshift arcade box. I'm not sure why it isn't big since the rest of the world plays Street Fighter, but Korea really is Tekken country. There are tournaments on tv along with Starcraft and every arcade has one or more machines fully equipped with card readers that save your stats. However, whenever I decided to hop on, some other dude would come on and challenge me and beat the shit out of me, so I never got the time to practice. Now that I have it on console, I'll be able to start working on upping my game until I eventually return to Korea. Currently, I'm practicing with Kuma since I think it's funny to play with a big bear. I'm also thinking that I'll be using Hworang as an alternate because I like his play style and he's a Korean Tae Kwon Do master. Anyway, it's going to be while until I'm any good. Tekken is pretty different than Street Fighter. There's a lot more juggling and combos go on forever too. I'm even a little tempted to buy a subscription for Xbox Live just so I can practice against other people.

Long story short, I'm geeking out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment