Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I thought I was done writing essays.

So I'm working on a job application for Chungdahm Learning in Korea and I have to write an essay as part of the evaluation.  This will be the first essay that I've written since graduating.  I'm not complaining about having to write one, and I'm not really worried about it either, but the topics they gave me are absolutely ridiculous.  I have to write on one of these:

  1. With respect to the nature versus nurture debate, compare and contrast the roles of intrinsic
    and environmental factors in human development.
  2. Do you believe that the United Nations still has a significant role to play in world affairs? Support with details and examples.
  3. What is the most significant novel of the twentieth century? Justify your answer with specific
    examples.
  4. Describe a historical turning point and explore either the causes or the effects of that turning point.
  5. Explain and defend your position on euthanasia.

I was really thinking about doing the first topic, but I'm not sure if I'd have enough to talk about.  That's probably the same thing for the second topic too.  Besides, discussing my own views on international relations for a job in another country doesn't seem like an especially good idea to me.  The third topic is the most ridiculous question of the whole list.  How is anyone supposed to really answer that question?  But whatever.  The fifth topic isn't very wholesome, so that leaves me with the fourth.  It's nice that it lets me talk about anything I want, which is a problem on its own.

However, the real point that I'm trying to get to is that I should have finished the essay over the weekend, it's past 4:00AM, and now I'm blogging about writing an essay instead of actually doing it.  Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment