Friday, November 12, 2010

Math still fucking sucks.

It turns out that I have to take a few tests for my new job. I just completed two of them for the tutoring position that starts next week. The tests are all done online so I was able to take them from the comfort of my own home. The first test was reading comprehension, which was so ridiculously easy that I had to make sure that I wasn't overlooking some sort of deeper symbolism in the passages. The math test was a little more difficult. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to math or anything. There was a lot on the test that was easily manageable, but since the tutoring position is for K-12, there was some parts that I had to struggle through. I sort of forgot that some students in high school might be taking calculus. That's a problem since I managed to fail pre-calculus twice in high school, then I took a stats class in community college and never took another math class. I'm also worried that the test was timed. It didn't say anything about it, but I did stop in the middle of it to watch an episode of Law & Order, so I'm desperately joking it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment