Sunday, August 15, 2010

Here's the game plan.

Lately, I've been getting a lot of questions about what I'm going to be doing and I haven't really answered them.  It's probably because I didn't really know myself.  I've been thinking about what I should do for a really long time now.  I know that I have been saying that I'm staying in Korea but I haven't really been looking too hard for a job.  There's no one to blame except myself for not having another job by now, but whatever.  I'm not too worried about it.  However, I just decided what I'm going to do and I really think that it'll work out the best for me.

First, I'm going to finish my contract at Yeonhak Elementary School, which ends August 26th.  Here's the most exciting news though, I'll be going back home to California, but only for a month.  I haven't booked the ticket yet, but I'm looking to be back home the first week of September.  Between the 26th and my flight, I'll be staying at my buddy's place in Seoul.  When I do get back home, I;m going to really start applying for more jobs in Korea.  I'm really excited to go back home for a bit.  It's going to be a nice break.  It will also give me enough time to get my head on straight for another year in Korea.  That's the other big part of my news, that I'll be staying an entire year instead of six months like I was saying before.  This was a tough decision for me to make, but there's seriously nothing I can do back home.  There's still part of me that wants to travel while I still can.  Also, I really do enjoy my life here in Korea and I think it' wouldn't be right for me to give it up now.

So, I'll be in Korea most likely from October 2010 to October 2011.  During that time I'll take the GRE's and do some other shit for my future.  When I eventually do go back home in 2011, I'll go back to school for a bit, find a job to tide me over, and then apply for grad school.  I think.  Things can change between now and then, but for now, this is what I think it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment