Sunday, August 1, 2010

Native English teachers in Korean comics.

So I've been reading a lot of manhwa [Korean comics] lately.  The latest one I've just started is Unbalancex2, by Im Dal Young.  It's a pretty standard high school harem love story.  I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense to you.  Anyway, the protagonist's main love interest is his high school homeroom teacher, which also isn't really surprising.  What does surprise me though is:

That's right.  A native English teacher in a Korean comic.  Fucking ridiculous.  

So there she is, Caroline sunsengnim.  I don't want to ruin too much of the story if anyone decides to read it, but her father is Korean.  It's not entirely clear if her mother is from America or England.  Both countries have been mentioned and I'm not sure if it's the translator's fault or if it's a mistake by the author.

I didn't know I could make learning English so sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment