Monday, August 30, 2010

Why I'm buying an iPad

I decided to buy the iPad last week.  It's probably one of the first things that I'm going to do when I get back to America.  I'm actually really excited to be getting one, but I'm sure that a ton of people are going to ask me why I'm getting one now, so here's a list:

  • I need a new device.  The netbook I've been using the past year belonged to my school so I had to give that back.  Also, the laptop I actually do own is getting on in years.
  • I think it's really cool.  Touch screens and all that.  It's the future, man.
  • The iPad is sort of limited in what it can do, but it does everything I need it to.  All I ever do on a computer is log on to facebook, google dumb shit, and blog.
  • I'm coming back to Korea and I can't wait for the 2nd generation.  If I was going to be staying back in the U.S., I would totally wait.  That's just being a smart consumer.  However, since Apple products take forever to come to Korea, I'll have to make do.
  • None of the competitors have really made a big splash yet.  Sure, there are going to be ones that are going to come out later this year and 2011 that will be worth talking about, but it's going to be too long until they hit Korea, if they ever do.
  • Wi-fi is going to be everywhere in Korea.  It's true.  I even read in an article that KT is supposed to be installing wi-bro egg devices in the subway cars.
  • There are all these cool apps.  I even started making a list of apps that I'm going to download once I get it.  A lot of apps on the list are games, but there's some cool and useful shit like a learn Korean app.

So, that's how it is.  There's probably a few more that I can't think of at the moment, but this is the jist of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment