Sunday, May 9, 2010

Farewell, my Korean mother.

Last week, I had to say good-bye to my mom in Korea. She was this little old lady that worked at a BBQ restaurant that I went to all the time. She was so nice to me, she would hook me up with some food every once in a while, and would hug me whenever I walked in the door. She would even step out of the restaurant just to say hello when I walked by. A few months ago, you could collect six soju caps and then trade them in for a free movie ticket. She saved a whole bunch from people drinking in the restaurant and gave me all the caps. Now the restaurant is closed down and she's moved to Suwon. It really is sad. I figured that I would be going to that restaurant until I left Korea, but now when I walk past the Chinese restaurant that's there now, I feel a loneliness that only the saddest men have known. I know you'll never read this, but it's Mothers' Day and I would just like to say 감사합니다 [thank you].

No comments:

Post a Comment