Sunday, May 23, 2010

I went fishing.

I had the day off on Friday so I went fishing with a friend. We went with a group of other people from his language exchange place. I used to fish with my buddies back home pretty often off the pier, but I've never been boat fishing. It was a pretty good time. I didn't catch any fish, but it's probably because it's not like I tried very hard. My line got tangled and then I ended up taking a nap. It was a good nap though.

This is a great picture of Carmine. It's thanks to him that I had the opportunity to go out fishing.

This was the boat we took out. We left the dock around 8:00AM and stayed for about 6 hours. I kept thinking that it would somehow wreck and we'd have to pull some Gilligan's Island shit.

Here's me and the fishing gear we were using. There weren't any fishing rods. Instead we used these fishing lines wrapped around the thing in my hand with a the hooks. It reminded me of kite string. Anyway, you had to pull the line up by hand. It was a pretty weird thing to do.

We used millipedes as bait along with small fish. I think this might have been the first time I've ever seen millipedes in person.

The boat took us pretty far out. We went under the Incheon Bridge, which is a pretty neat landmark.

This is the only picture I took of the captain of the ship. He was a short little man, but he could do anything. I'm under the belief that God made him all-powerful but only with a thirty yard radius of his own boat.

This was the first catch of the day. I thought there was a decent number of catches throughout the day. Everyone caught fish like this ugly one. Most of them were about the size of my hand.

It was a good time and I'd recommend going. I probably wouldn't go again because it's a whole day event. I'd rather just buy a cheap little pole and go fishing off the pier at Wolmi-do.

No comments:

Post a Comment