Sunday, May 2, 2010

formspring.me

did you ever find your friend here in korea??

  • If you're talking about this one, then no. The first thing I did was go to the return address on the letters she sent. This took me to Bundang. When I told the cab driver where to take me, he just showed me a really confused look. Although I couldn't understand him very well, I was able to gather that those apartments were demolished in 2005. This doesn't make much sense because even the last letter I got from my friend in December 2008 had those apartments listed as the return address. Anyway, he knew where they used to be, so I had him take me there anyway so I could see for myself. The apartments were demolished to make way for a Home Plus. Dismayed, I walked into Bundang Central Park, which was right next to where the apartments used to be. While there, I noticed the playground. This is because that playground was the background of a polaroid picture she sent me in the summer of 2008 with the caption, "I come here to think all the time." I'm not sure what to do next. All I learned from the trip is that I know she didn't want me to know where she was living or that she couldn't tell me. She was probably still living in Bundang because she said that she went to the park all the time, but if she was lying about where she lived, she could have been lying about that too. The only thing I do really know is that I still have a lot of questions to ask and nowhere to go to get them answered.


Seriously... I have way too much time, but I'll see how long I'll keep up this dumb story.



I LIKE YOUR BLOG!! its so entertaining. even though im also in korea, i dont think i experienced or seen as much things as you ;o!!! keeeeep updating!

  • Thanks. To be honest, I don't think I see enough. There's still a lot of shit I haven't done, but now that it's warming up, I'll probably get around to it.


how long have you been in korea so far? do you like it here?

  • I've now been in Korea a little over 8 months and I have to say that I love it. I guess there isn't any particular reason why, but I'm enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment