Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I bought an external harddrive yesterday.

I took a trip down to Yongsan yesterday after work and bought myself a 1Tb external harddrive. It's probably more space than I'll need in Korea. It's also sort of a waste since I have a 1Tb external harddrive that's in an unopened box back home. I bought it before I left and meant to put shit on it, but never got around to it. Then I forgot to pack it so I've been without free harddrive space for the last few months. There's only 4 open gigs left on the laptop I'm using. I probably paid a little more than I should have for the harddrive, since I saw it on gmarket for a little less, but it was still a pretty fair price. Now that I have all this space, it means that there are going to be some changes with how I use the computer:

  • I can finally start downloading random shit again. This basically means that I'm going to download a shit ton of anime, then sit there waiting for it to finish downloading, then sit there and watch it. You might not see me for a while because of this. I've already started downloading 50Gb worth of anime and TV shows.
  • I'll also be able to catch up on some TV shows that I've wanted to watch. If you didn't know this, I'm one of the biggest Internet pirates this side of the Pacific Ocean.
  • I usually lay in bed using my laptop while facing the TV. Since the harddrive I bought requires a power outlet and the cord isn't very long, I know have to use my computer while laying in bed and facing the wall. This probably means that I won't be watching as much NCIS as before.
  • Music is available now. There's a ton of K-pop that I've been meaning to check out. It also means that I'll probably be purchasing some cheap mp3 player from somewhere, which I'll probably never use.
  • I'll finally feel a lot safer after having all my pictures backed up on the external. For some dumb reason, I take pictures at 15 megapixels, but it's not like I really give a fuck about it since I have 16 gig memory card anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment