Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good thing I just bought a bike.

This article in the Korea Times says that Korea is going to start putting more money into helping out its bikers. The major part of their plan is opening up more bike lanes. However, one of the coolest things that they're going to try to get bikers businesses to give discounts to their customers who ride bikes. I think that's awesome, especially since I bought a new bike two days ago.

It's a sweet bike. I bought it off of someone on craigslist. It's an older Korean road bike. It has a steel lugged frame. It runs pretty smoothly. I'll probably wait on seeing if I'm staying in Korea or not before I decide to drop any money into it. Bikes are a huge hobby of mine if you didn't know. I'm sure I spent over $1,000 in 2009 on bikes and bike equipment. Either way, the only thing I pretty much want to get for this bike at the moment is

I actually bought a bike the second month in Korea but I've only been using it to go to the grocery store and back. It's a foldable and it's not really meant for heavy riding. Either way, I'm trying to sell that bike if any of you were interested. I'll post pictures the one I'm trying to get rid of and my new bike tomorrow or something.

In other bike news, my brother was hit by a car yesterday while riding his bike. He's okay, so that shit's really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment