Monday, March 1, 2010

Korea's got a lot of e-thugs.

I browse the Korea Times a lot and peruse articles on Korea, just because I have that much free time at work. Since I've been here, I have come across the term "netizen" (Internet + citizen if you're stupid) fairly often. I guess they're a pretty powerful entity here in Korea. If you search the archives of the Korea Times, you'll find over 250 articles that mention Korean netizens. Anyway, today's top story on the Korea Times is about how netizens were angered by posts on the Japanese message board 2chan that were directed at Kim Yu-Na and the rest of Korea. These posts incited a massive hack by Korean netizens yesterday. The article says that over 10,000 netizens were involved. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that number was overestimated, but it's a little scary.

As a side note, read the comments of the article. THAT SHIT IS RIDICULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment