Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm thinking about getting back into pokemon on the DS. Particularly pokemon diamond. As a big fan of the original red/blue and gold/silver series, what can I expect in terms of gameplay, storyline, and battles? What separates it from the old versions?

If you were to only get one game from the current generation of Pokemon games, then I'd go for Platinum. If Pearl and Diamond are like the original Red and Blue, then Platinum is the equivalent of Yellow. I own Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum so you can take my word for it. Also, you could look into getting Heart Gold or Soul Silver, which are the original Gold/Silver rehashed for the DS. They just came out and I haven't played them myself, but the reviews are good.

The gameplay is a lot more interesting since there's tons more shit you need to do. Also, the storyline is decent and way better than older generations in my opinion. It's linear, but it's not like anyone was really expecting different. Battles will be a little tougher then older games too, just because the games a lot more complex with close to 500 pokemon and different types in play. It's a fun game though.

Ask away.

No comments:

Post a Comment