Thursday, March 25, 2010

Learning Korean

Since it looks like I'll be staying here longer than expected, I'm actually going to start cracking down on this shit. I currently can speak enough to get by in most situations, but I'm nowhere near having a small conversation. It's not as if I know a lot of Korean, it's just the shit I know I can use everyday. I can read though, but I don't understand any of it. Either way, it looks like the next step is for me to move on to something more regular and structured. I had my old co-worker help me with my Korean before and that's how I learned most of what I know today. I've picked up words here and there, but mostly useful things like, "Another beer, please." So, I'm making it my goal to sign up for a tutor by the middle of April and start attending. Hopefully, this will all work out, so I'll be able to hit on Tae Yeon or Sandara Park in Korean when the opportunity for me to woo them finally arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment