Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I've decided that we're just going to never get along.

So I had two classes today with the co-teacher I already dislike. She's gotten mad at me before for some dumb shit. She's accused me of not doing enough "research" for our classes, which doesn't make tons of sense, but whatever. So I spend my time working on shit THAT WE NEVER USE IN CLASS. She doesn't even give me a reason for why we don't use it. I asked her once about a powerpoint I made and she said it didn't relate to the material. I didn't say anything but I was sure as fuck knew that it was related to the material. She used to think that I spent all my time at work watching k-pop videos. It took a really long time to explain that I just have a 2NE1 screensaver and a SNSD wallpaper. That's also part of the issue, where she doesn't speak a lot of English. I'm not holding it against her or anything, but I can see that she gets annoyed when I can't understand her. She even tries speaking to me in Korean and expects me to understand it. I'm not even joking. One time she said something to me in Korean and then said something about condescending to me about not knowing the word for "Tuesday," BUT THAT'S JUST FUCKING RIDICULOUS. Especially since we were teaching the 5th graders the days of the week.

So after the two classes we have scheduled together today, she comes up to me and the first thing she says, "Don't get offended." I couldn't help but think in my head, "Aw, fuck." Anyway, she starts asking me why I couldn't lead the class. Then I just straight up told her that she never explains what we're doing in class beforehand and I prepare all this shit that we never use [in a polite tone because I'm not a rude guy]. I knew for sure that she was taken aback was already a little mad herself. She asked me if I wanted to just be in charge of designing the whole lesson plan. I'm sure she expected a no, but I told her yes. Since honestly, this would make work so much easier. I'd know what the class is going to be doing every single time and I can actually use the things I make. Anyway, I hope she just decides to hand over the class to me and let me work my education magic, but it'll probably just go back to me wondering what the fuck she's talking about and not knowing what to do in class.

Really though, my life at work isn't as bad as this one post makes it sound. I get along great with my other co-teachers. Even with this co-teacher, the one I dislike, there aren't any real confrontations like this usually, just a whole lot of awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment